Wednesday 9 October 2013

Look! I Actually Picked Up A Brush

After what seems like weeks of procrastinating (ok it was after weeks of procrastinating) I managed to pick up a paint brush again today.  Originally, the plan was to do some prep work on a couple different projects and get a lot of priming done.  There's some rather wet weather on the way, so I'd like enough figures primed to do me over the winter.  The rain arrived early so forced me to change my mind and out came the paints.


First things first,  I had to spend a good wee while shaking and stirring the neglected tubs and bottles to even the paint out.  Fortunately, my right arm has developed considerable stamina in that motion, so it wasn't a problem.  Without getting all emo-whiny on you, I normally only paint when I'm happy and relaxed;  I haven't been either in a while, so it was quite a surprise how enjoyable the couple hours with the brush were this afternoon.

These are the first eight warriors for a Saga Viking warband that have been kicking around for a few months. Just the base colours so far, I'll add some decoration before the shading and highlighting begins.  As Odin is my witness, I will get this warband painted this year, before this:


Just fyi, for anyone who hasn't finished season one, there's a big spoiler in the trailer.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the brushes!

    I see we're inhabiting the same space and watching the same series. Great minds! And I assume the spoiler is a "dream sequence" and therefore not a spoiler at all. Yea, right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems September was a bad month for many, including me.

    Good to see you getting back into it

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great that you've picked up that long forgotten brush again! Dunno about season 2, I've not seen any of season 1 yet!! Any idea were I can get it from???

    ReplyDelete