Thursday 13 December 2012

I'm Back Baby - Online, that is




Finally, after long delay, we're back online with a full, wired, proper internet connection.  Now, technically, I haven't exactly been offline since I picked up one of these mobile internet usb sticks.  But the limitations on it really hold back what you can do.  For starters, no Skype, iPlayer or gaming.  I also have to manually load pictures on every web page (something of a pain if you read a lot of blogs.)  Oddly, some plug ins like Disqus or Skylight don't work. Worse, it only works on the laptop, so no Xbox or tv internet access!

Since the idiots at my isp closed our account (idiots, they refunded us six months payment in compensation,) it kind of feels like I've lost, if not an arm, at least a finger!  It's had an impact on the amount of Blogging I've done; sometimes I can't face the hasstle uploading images.  So now I've a few evenings planned on Halo, as well as catching up on a few films.  Just in time for the holidays.

I'm well aware that this is a "first world problem" and that there are far more important things going on in the world, but my little world just got a bit better.  It also gives me an excuse to put this up:


6 comments:

  1. Damn, cut the bottom off the picture. The last sentence is supposed to be "Now I don't know when to put on trousers."

    ReplyDelete
  2. The poop one is the most true, glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahahaha- "...when to put on trousers." Oh that's killing me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All those are very true. Good to have you back online, I'm waiting to be plumbed in with new internet and am getting Company of Heroes withdrawal symptoms...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to have you back! I like the I can't hear the TV eating crunchy snacks!

    ReplyDelete