Wednesday 10 October 2012

Time for a new Blog title?



Two weeks without a post has got me wondering if it's time to change the title of the blog.  Too Much Free Time is a bit on an in-joke with a couple of friends.  Back a couple years ago when I changed jobs a couple times and wasn't working regularly, I would joke about not getting anything done because "I had too much free time."  Meaning that although there were plenty of hours in the day, I didn't get much painting/modelling/gaming etc done.  Faced with t'internet, tv, computer games, diy, studying (a bit,) housework, sport, I was really busy, but not accomplishing much.



Over the last month or so however, my painting/modelling/gaming inactivity has been due to much more mundane reasons, mainly work.  I've been in a new job for the last few months and recently the hours have been cranked up!  I've also been drafted into my old cricket team who, frustratingly, play on the same night as the club.  Although, to be fair, it's been great fun getting the bat out again!



Things are looking up, however, for the next couple weeks.  I've a game scheduled at the club next week and we're planning an RPG session for the weekend after next (wives & girlfriends permitting!)



Finally, I've fallen back on the age old gamer habit of resorting to spending cash!  Recent additions to the nerd pile include X-Wing with the first wave of expansions, the Iron Kingdoms RPG from Privateer Press and the 40K Chaos codex.  Extremely happy with all three purchases, X-Wing will get a proper run out next week.  If I can manage to take some photos, I'll get them posted next week.

7 comments:

  1. I was looking at the X-Wing stuff at the weekend. A little temptered but stopped myself. I have heard good things though

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am interested in the X Wing game. Nerdy I know but I cannot help myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Real life gets in the way of our hobby mate and we let it and rightly so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stick with the title - it has brand value.

    I want to play X-Wing as well but there is just too much new stuff to get into!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spending cash? I find this a problem too, as most of the time I haven't got any! Any ideas for a new name?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know exactly what you mean about life/work balance! Anything Star Wars related get my vote though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always tough to balance the two - although I work nights and sometimes sneak wargames stuff into work to finish off in the wee small hours... is that an option for you?

    ReplyDelete