Saturday 17 September 2011

Home alone


. . . for a whole week!


Well, not entirely alone if you include the cat, but to all intents and purposes, I've had the house to myself!  The Mrs has been at a conference in Croatia, so I've been left to my own devices.


Ah, what grand plans I had.  With all the hours of the day available, I had a whole list of things I could get done - and at my own pace.


Needless to say, the last few days haven't panned out as I had hoped.


The week didn't get off to the best of starts with the Mrs being late for her flight, resulting in a mad dash to the airport.  The rest of the day was consumed by watching a lot of sport, making a curry and having a few beers!


The rest of the week seemed to revolve around studying, sport, takeaway meals and Deus Ex on the XBox!!!  Great game, by the way, very stylish with several different ways to play the game.


I also ploughed through a heap of TV; the latest series of Futurama, third series of The Mentalist, Series 3 & 4 of My Name Is Earl and, for good measure, a Schwarzenegger movie marathon.  


The lead/plastic/resin mountain hasn't changed at all (in fact, something new was added to it!) so those Dystopian Wars fleets are still floating around half finished.  I did get a game in at the club again though.


So the lesson from the week?  Turns out I'm not as productive on my own as I thought I would be.  So I'll be glad when she's back - and maybe I'll get something useful done!

No comments:

Post a Comment